Monday, April 6, 2009

Screw Google Blogger

Unfortunately it looks like I've fallen under the scrutiny of Blogger for posting MP3's. (see Google Deleting Music Blogger Posts, 02/06/09) Apparently this deleting is something that they've just started doing, although I'm surprised that they came across my blog at all, considering that the practice is rampant, and that there are many more music bloggers who post more songs, more frequently than I (make that every music blogger, as you can probably judge by my oh-so-diligent posts). What pisses me off, though, is that there is no notice given - the post is just suddenly gone. When you look at your posting Dashboard, it doesn't show as unpublished, it's just as if it never existed, with no explanation. In doing this they delete not only the MP3 that was posted, but any writing that you did in the post as well. What if my short sarcastic blurbs had actually been some worthy music journalism? Can they not do the simple courtesy of sending a generic, auto-generated email notifying me that my post has been deleted? Instead of leaving me to discover it for myself and wonder if I'm going crazy?

I'm not super happy with them right now.

3 comments:

  1. BUMMER, Rachel! I didn't realize that posting music was some sort of punishable offense... What will become of "Coming Up Roses"?
    And, also- SCREW YOU, GOOGLE BLOGGER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I think it's more the fact that I share MP3's that people can download. But, it's pretty accepted in the music community that these shares are a gesture of turning people on to particular bands, which is how these bands get the listeners who later support them with their dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm pissed! And the thing is that they aren't concerned with what the music scene thinks is ok or how the musicians themselves would feel about it; they are just paranoid, and, instead of putting some thought into it, they pull the plug altogether. Let's not even go into how screwed up the music "industry" is... or shall we?...

    ReplyDelete