Thursday, April 9, 2009

BEST SONG EVER. (TODAY).

So I'm taking a break from my recent synth-obsessed ways and posting some of my recent obsessions in the singer-songwriter genre. (Although, that term really makes me want to gag. Can we come up with a better one?)

I think posting an Elvis Perkins mp3 MIGHT have been what got me into trouble last time with Blogger. I think EP's 'people' might be scouring the web for bloggers posting his music. But I'm going to attempt to be all 'rebellious', and try again. Because it really IS that good. (We'll see if this post gets deleted as well... but really, EP, I'm just trying to show the world how awesome you are). I am becoming increasingly hooked on his new album, which is complex and wonderful. But "Shampoo" is still my favorite.

Also posting what has to be the greatest song ever from Here We Go Magic (word up to Brooklyn), from my Feb/April playlist. Note to the hip moms I know (Courtney Demers), this should go under the category of "Indie Rock Songs that Could be Lullabies" (yes, I will raise my kids on rock songs, just as my parents raised me on Neil Young (and I'm a better person for it)).


mp3: Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Shampoo
mp3: Here We Go Magic - Fangela




1 comment:

  1. Wow! I don't know what is cooler... that song or someone referring to me as a "hip mom!"
    Thanks, lady!

    ReplyDelete