Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FOR SALE: MY CREDIBILITY - BUYER: DAVE MATTHEWS

Confession: I once declined a date with a cute boy after learning that his favorite band was Dave Matthews Band.

Not that there is anything wrong with being a fan (if you happen to be one of them), but in a manner similar to a staunch Democrat declining to date a Republican, I just figured that we weren't really going to see eye to eye on most things after learning of the whole DMB thing. It's just that I've always had a hard time respecting it when that is somebody's FAVORITE (considering that it generally makes me want to punch myself in the ears). Yes, I am embarrassed that I am that judgmental - that's why it is called a confession.

My friend Dave G, however, is someone who's taste in music I respect supremely. And he happens to LOVE Dave Matthews live. It has always thrown me off a little, being that we have such similar tastes otherwise. So... begrudgingly, I think I'm going to try and put my tightly-held opinions aside and try (TRY!) to give DMB another chance. For Dave G's sake. And because he's even offered me a ticket to one of his NYC shows tonight in an effort to change my mind. And how can I possibly snub that kind of gesture?

So, with that said... wish me luck yall.

P.S. My first show EVER at Madison Square Garden - psyched!!

3 comments:

  1. "...and if you hold on tight to what you think is your thing you may find you're missing all the rest" -dmb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave.... Check for ear plugs! Hahahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...how did it go? :-) I think someone is in a newfound-DMB-love fog and can't muster a follow-up!

    ReplyDelete