Saturday, April 11, 2009

I must be on a remix KICK

Confession: I often download music that has been recommended to me (or given to me for free), and never get around to actually listening to it. Unfortunately, I have a disgusting amount of music in my possession and, like clothing hanging in a closet with tags still attached, I just haven't had the opportunity to break them out yet. My most frequent idle-time filling activity is to go through music I haven't yet rated and give it a listen, either adopting it into my collection, or marking it for disbandment. Every now and then I come across something really good that I've never heard before but had in my collection all along. And then I get to feel like a Tard. (see "Tard"). That is the case for this CSS's remix of Sia's "Buttons". I discovered it one day while rifling through my iPhone on the subway and, instantly, the rest of my day had a soundtrack.

Also posting a favorite remix from last fall (Gang Gang Dance).


mp3: Sia - Buttons (CSS remix)
mp3: Gang Gang Dance - House Jam (xxxChange remix)




"I'm too lazy to even listen to original songs anymore. I just listen to the remixes." -Hipster Runnoff

No comments:

Post a Comment